Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cant log in to Virgin Media Account

Some Cretin at Virgin decided that my email account had been used for Spam - it hasnt! and locked my account. In their infinite wisdom they have also locked my VM account including the second level of security (Mothers Maiden Name and my DOB) and third level (Date and amount of last bill)., so now I'm stuffed and have been waiting for over 24 hours for them to ring back,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant log in to Virgin Media Account

Hi there @AndrewMoore

Welcome to the community and for your first ever post - sorry that  you are having some issues with your online account and email. I can see from your account that this was a genuine message that we sent; you should have had a text and also a letter explaining everything in full with exact instructions to reset your password. 

I am sorry that when you called, our agents did not assist you further there and then on the call. The secondary questions have not been locked - just the password so there should be no reason you are unable to reset it. Can you advise what error message you are getting when you attempt to go through the security? 

If you are still having issue,s please do let us know and we can attempt this for you via private message. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When I try and log-on to my VM account to attempt to then log-on to email, I am told that either my user ID and password is incorrect. When I attempt 2nd level security, I'm told that either my mothers maiden name or my dob is incorrect. when I try 3rd level of security Im told that the amount or date of last bill is incorrect. When I speak to the useless help desk, I am told that all 3 will be locked out until the technical team call me back which so far after nearly 60 hours wait they havent. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll PM you so we can discuss this further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Account locked AGAIN!!

Some Cretin at VM has locked me out AGAIN as allegedly my account has been used to send Spam. Can you re-set my Account and tell me what steps can be taken to stop this happening again? Why does it also lock out level 2 (Mothers Maiden name and my DOB) and 3 (Date and amount of last bill) security? Thanks, Andrew 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account locked AGAIN!!

I've merged your threads or this gets confusing.

If your account gets repeatedly locked it means that you didn't change your password or it has been disclosed again. 

By the way if you want people's help best not to use inflammatory language or this cretin (just a volunteer) might just ignore you next time and not help to keep your issues in one place so that the other cretins on this Board who do work for VM can follow what is going on. Or may be not,  if they are all so idiotic.

Show a little kindness at this time please.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I doubt its a volunteer because it generates exactly the same call to my landline at exactly the same time of day. Why are volunteers, allowed to lock peoples account - surely this should be something done by a qualified person. If you were woken up regularly during the night, to be told your account has been erroneously locked out with some useless advice on how to fix it, you would be less than generous with your praise whether its in the middle of a Pandemic or not! Have you got the power to fix this or do you just send patronising messages?

The people on this board who work for VM were brilliant last time, its the people that lock me out for no reason I have an issue with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You are deliberately misreading what is being said.

The VIPs have no involvement in how VM's systems operate. We are users like you (albeit with the privilege to work closely with the VM staff on the Board)  and here to help where we can.

I'm not going to engage in verbal fisticuffs with you on this. The lockout process is automatic when the systems detect that spam is being sent using the account settings of a VM customer. I.e that the account has been compromised. If an an account has been unlocked and then gets locked again it means one of two things. Either the password wasn't changed or it has been disclosed again. So why don't you engage with that issue.

That is what I know after more than 5 years here trying to help.

However whether I help is my choice. I've just made my choice it in your case. So perfectly politely I am now telling you that your post will be picked up by the VM staff here in due course.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any idea when it will be picked up? I wont bore you with why I need access rather urgently.

0 Kudos