Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cant acess virgin emails. OX APP Suite appears

Attempting to log in to my virgin emails and OX App Suite appears on PC screen asking for user name & password. I have AVG Anti Track just installed and it says Potential tracking attempt blocked. Any clues please. What is OX App Suite? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cant acess virgin emails. OX APP Suite appears

The Virgin media mail webmail system uses a branded version of the OX App suite.

If you are seeing the OX app suite blue login page when trying to access VM Mail then you are likely to have a corrupt browser cache or VM mail cookie.

Clearing your browser cache and deleting VM mail related cookies should resolve the issue.

If you don't want to do this then switch to a different browser or open a private browser window in your current browser as this will override the cache and cookies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I switched off the AVG Anti Track and got Virgin Emails back. I'll Switch Anti Track on when I'm on searches as it works ok. Just didn't want to let me in on OX App which suits me. Thanks.

Another question. I now have Captcha security everytime I log into Virgin emails. How can I get rid of them as they are a pain in the butt. Doesn't come up on my gmail acc I can see myself dumping Virgin soon at this rate!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The frequency of the captcha checks should reduce now that you have eliminated the rogue sign in page.

Gmail have a two factor authentication system in place.  VM don't currently have one and so use different security measures such as the Captcha challenge to help secure access to their services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

The frequency of the captcha checks should reduce now that you have eliminated the rogue sign in page.

Not sure that is the case any more AFAICS; ReCaptcha challenge on every sign in despite: (a) previous successful completion; (b) same origin IP Address; (c) same browser. I have resorted to completing the audio challenge instead where identifying a single word is sufficient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒 wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

Not sure that is the case any more AFAICS; ReCaptcha challenge on every sign in despite: (a) previous successful completion; (b) same origin IP Address; (c) same browser. I have resorted to completing the audio challenge instead where identifying a single word is sufficient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I was basing the statement on my experience.  For the first few weeks after the new sso system was put in place I had the ReCaptcha challenge on each weekly re sign in.  I haven't been challenged for the last few weeks.  So the experience seems to differ across users - no idea why that should be the case.