cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access email account

Jenmc1
Joining in

It says wrong email or password.

I try to reset password it says my email address is wrong.

This account was set up about 15 years ago by my dad, I don't know the account number, username or security question. 

Please help me get access back to my email account!

5 REPLIES 5

Jenmc1
Joining in

I'm going insane,  I think it might be the same verification issue others are reporting. I've tried the help chat and phone number, it just asks whether it's about broadband or mobile (neither) and I don't have my account number so I can't get through to anyone,

Please please can someone get in touch to help me, I've got tickets in those emails which I need to access, 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does your Dad still have his broadband account with Virgin Media?  As he is the account holder for the email address you use VM will need him to contact them in order to investigate what is happening.

If he no longer has the broadband account all email addresses associated with the account are liable to closure without additional notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I think it's the latter, but is there a way to get to my emails just to forward them on to a new account? I didn't know it would be closing, it told me to add a second email address which I did but I don't think it verified properly,  😞

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI for the verification process to complete:

1. an email is received to the new Sign In Email Address
  2. selecting its verification link to complete the verification process

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Jenmc1,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing an email account. As has been explained earlier in this thread, if the email account is no longer linked to an account with an active broadband service then the account is likely to either be disconnected or if not will be soon. This is normally done within 90 days of the service disconnecting.

If you're not the account holder then it'd be best to ask them to make contact, as there are certain actions pertaining to email accounts that we cannot perform via a third party even if they clear security.

They can either make their own account on this community and post like you have, or they can call 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). If those two options aren't ideal, all of our other contact information can be found here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!