cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up virgin emails on samsung email or gmail

brian5
On our wavelength

I upgraded my mobile phone from a Samsung galaxy S8 to a galaxy S23, And when trying to set up my Virgin Emails to show, it continually tells me the account cannot be verified, I have checked all the settings and generated a dozen passwords, but still wont work

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey brian5, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some email trouble.

How are you setting this up, are you doing by outlook or the app for emails on the phones settings?

We are also experiencing some issues with emails right now which could be affecting this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

brian5
On our wavelength

I was using Samsug Email on my old phone and transfered all settings across, but from the outset it wouldn't log in,

I reinstalled and got the settings from Virgin for the IMAP and SMTP servers, then It wouldn't verify, so I tried the paswords, I had for Virgin media and Virgin email, but found a thread telling me that to use email apps I needed to generate a password using a link on virgin media, I did this and still get the either, the account acannot be verified, or imap.virginmedia.com isnt responding.

tried both auto set up and entering details manually, but no joy.

I also tried to do the same with G-mail and its pretty much the same result.

Okay if its happening with Gmail to, this could be something to do with the device or the settings.

I would make sure everything is fully updated and I would try putting them in manually again after this.

If both aren't working again I would pop to the local Samsung shop and they should be able to take a look into this for you.

I would also bare in mind we are having some email problems right now but we don't have anything to do with Gmail. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

brian5
On our wavelength

Well It turns out it was a Virgin Media Problem after all,

I had managed to get my Emails on my phone by just logging into the Virgin Email Web page, then about a week later, I got a whole load of emails that I had already deleted, including spam emails that I had already reported and marked as spam, that all just reappeared, I started reporting them again and remarking them as spam, when all of a sudden the web page bombed out and would not let me back in,

back at my PC later, I got an email from Virgin Media telling me that my account had been locked due to "suspicious activity", and that I would have to run virus scans, and change all my passwords etc, etc, I did this and then tried the Samsung Email app again, entering the newly generated app password, and hey presto, all was well again.

So absolutely nothing to do with the phone, or the app, simply Virgin Media making an arse of it again.

Thanks for the update @brian5, and I'm pleased to hear that this has now been sorted.

Do please let us know if there's anything further required from our Forum Team or VIPs.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn