Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Cannot send email ntlworld on iPad or android phone

I cannot send ntlworld email but receive ok. This is on iPad and Android phone. Ever since I changed my password Virgin website which I can still send and receive emails. Just says incorrect password/incorrect settings for smtp . Help please. I have tried all sorts resetting restarting. No success.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send email ntlworld on iPad or android phone

Often caused by changing the incoming password in the iPad and android email as apps but forgetting to change the outgoing SMTP as well.

If the problem continues once you have checked that post back as it may indicate a more complex issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but correct one used on both. Just checked again to make sure

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Have a read of this post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Outgoing-Authentication-Issues-Check-Email-Logs/m-p/32371...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Sorry none of this is applicable. I use iPad and Android phone. Neither have these facilities even if I could understand o4 us3 them as they are too complicated for this  old dear!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Then this old person - now 70 had better try and advise you what to do. What do you think?

Do you have a laptop or PC as well? 

If you do then carry out these instructions on your laptop or PC. If you don't use your Ipad.

As Graham_A says your symptoms could be caused by something serious. Understand this. If you don't do as we advise we shall never get this properly sorted if what I think has gone wrong is in fact the case. Harsh, I know but it is the only way. And it matters not if you understand or don't understand a word of this. It is technical process. As long as you follow the instructions we'll get the result we want to help you.

Go here:

https://www.whatismyip.com/ip-whois-lookup/

The page will load with what we call your IP address. That is how your Virgin Hub identifies itself to the world when you are connected to the internet through it.

See the string of numbers and dots? Copy accurately.

Then go here:

https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

Put that IP address in the top box, exactly as you copied it down. Then click look up.

You'll get a result in a few seconds. This is what I want to know. Only one thing. Does it say that your IP address is listed on the SBL and if says the listing is for SBL CSS. That's it. That's all. Yes or no. Nothing else matters. I don't need any other information. Just that. Post back here SBL yes/no. SBL CSS yes/no. Do not post your IP address. That will make a you a scammers target.

Then we'll proceed. It could be something simpler but we need to start here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

On our wavelength
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If you read my posts which are nearly a month old with same issues  still waiting for virgin Media network security to sort it  out 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

May not be the same problem. Don't scare people before we establish what the issue is here, please. I'm being careful not to jump to conclusions. You should exercise a similar discretion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I will get back to you asap
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for delay. I decided to quickly change my password on the email account starting with virgin website first then changing my other password on my iPad and phone. It worked for almost 2 days now it’s stopped again for same reasons. So I will get on with what you suggested and fire up the pc. Will report back later today

0 Kudos