cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send email error

vavona
Joining in

I keep getting this error message when trying to send emails from my laptop (it works on my iphone), any ideas why?

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vavona wrote:

I keep getting this error message when trying to send emails from my laptop (it works on my iphone), any ideas why?

Yes, that error suggests that:

1. on your laptop you are managing your emails using VM's Webmail service
  2. that there is a (probably) temporary glitch  with the VM webmail service.

The reason that you can send VM emails from your iPhone is because email apps (like the one you use to manage your emails on your iPhone) do not use VM Webmail to send and receive emails.

They deal directly with VM's SMTP and IMAP email servers and then update the Sent folder in your webmail account to show the emails that have been sent. 

So the email app is unaffected by the sending issue that you are currently experiencing with Webmail.

The server error you are currently seeing usually seems to correct itself after a few days. Post back If the problem with webmail still continues beyond that.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vavona 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues with sending emails. 

Just to confirm, does this happen on all emails you're trying to send to different email address or just the one?

Also, how you are sending the emails, is this through our your online account on the web or through an email client such as gmail or outlook? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley