cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send eMails

Cardano
Joining in

Myself and my wife cannot send emails from Outlook to our Virgin email accounts. This has just started to happen. Could some one please advise

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cardano wrote:

Myself and my wife cannot send emails from Outlook to our Virgin email accounts. This has just started to happen. Could some one please advise

@Cardano wrote:

You will need to provide more details such as the error messages that you are getting when trying to send emails via your Outlook email client.  Be careful to redact any personal information.

Are you able to send emails successfully via the VM Mail webmail page at https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Myself and my wife can send emails Ok from Virgin email webmail.

However my wife cannot send emails from her iPhone and I cannott send emails from my desktop Outlook.

Error message as follows:Outlook_Send_Error.JPG

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cardano  Your screen shot cannot be shown as it reveals your personal information, ie email address.

Can you confirm that your virgin.net email address is attached to your current VM broadband account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Myself and my wife can send emails Ok from Virgin Mail webmail.

However my wife cannot send emails from her iPhone and I cannoOutlook_Send_Error.JPGt send emails from my desktop Outlook.

I dont use Virgin Broadband 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cardano wrote:

I dont use Virgin Broadband 

If you don't have a Virgin Media broadband account then I am at a loss to understand why you think that your VM email accounts should still work.

Once you stop being VM broadband customer all associated email addresses should cease to work after 90 days as per their Terms and Conditions.  Sometimes they continue to work for much longer but eventually get culled.

Good Morning @Cardano, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the E-Mail accounts on Outlook.

As you don't have our broadband services, it might be wise to possibly create new E-Mail accounts with a third party - such as Outlook, and start forwarding E-Mails from the virgin.net account to the new E-Mail accounts.

To use domains that have been created by Virgin Media you would need to be an active Virgin Media subscriber. The lack of ability to use the functions on Outlook could indeed be the first signs of this E-Mail account being deleted.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn