cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset password

suewatson35
Joining in

I need to reset my virginmedia email password but if I click on forgotten password the email goes to my old btinternet account that I don’t have access to anymore. How can I resolve this. I am no longer with virgin for broadband 

3 REPLIES 3

suewatson35
Joining in

I had a virgin media account and a still using the vigrinmedia email address.  I now need to reset the password for some reason and the main email address was a btinternet one which I dont have access to anymore.  the email goes there to reset the password so Im stuck.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@suewatson35  If you no longer have VM broadband then you should not be continuing to use the email address unless you are within 90 days of closing the account.  After 90 days the email address should be deleted by VM in accordance with their Terms & Conditions.

The VM Forum Team should be able to check the actual status of the account when they reach this thread but they are unlikely to be able to get the password changed for you or to reactivate the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello suewatson35.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you have lost access to your email .

As @Graham_A has rightly advised, If your have left now then we will remove access to the email address you had with us.

We can check from here but the chance of this being enabled again is slim to none.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L