Menu
Monique3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot reply to email VM603 spam

Hi

When i reply to certain emails but not all I am unable to send. On my iphone X it says there is no password but that's not correct as I can send other emails and the password has been in place for months and I haven't changed it. From my laptop I get this message. There are no links in my email. I can reply to some emails but not all....

Any advice?

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     RE: Booking

Sent:  11/09/2019 07:45

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'David' on 11/09/2019 07:45

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) 7wN7i7dtMzHXx7wN7iyr4o

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot reply to email VM603 spam

Hi there Monique3

Virgin Media use a third party spam filtering service (Cloudmark) to filter out potential spam messages.The long string of numbers and letters uniquely identifies why the email has been classified as spam.The Forum Team (VM employees) can get that information for you.

It is likely to be something within the body of the email rather than the intended recipient address that is causing the problem. Do the contents of the 'spam' emails have any common factors? For example, do they all include a domain name, perhaps in the signature lines at the bottom of the email or as a hyperlink in the text?

Finally, have you been able to send those messages when you retry, perhaps a day or 2 later? That would suggest that whatever is causing Cloudmark to flag them as spam was eventually removed for their database.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Monique3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply - there are no links, attachments or signatures. When I send a brand new email to that address it works and they can reply but if I reply to their reply it fails. There are no links etc in their reply. The only thing in common  I can see is that the recipients are based in France but I cant see how that would have any effect at all.

It only happened yesterday and today so I'll retry again tomorrow. In the mean time I can work around it by starting a new email every time, but not ideal!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monique3,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm really sorry that you've had issues replying to certain emails.

MissPasko's advice has been spot on, as always, so I'm glad you've taken all this on board Smiley Happy Have you managed to resolve this since your last reply?

If not, we can certainly take a further look for you by moving the conversation to private message and clearing account security. We could raise an IT ticket based on the string of numbers and letters to hopefully get this rectified for you.

Thanks,

Rachael