cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive emails only can send since 31st July?

knsue1
On our wavelength

Hi

Last 3 days unable to recieve any emails but can send them 

We use gmail app other email addresses on this app are working fine 

Cannot test to see if it works on webmail as cannot remember password..cant request new password as will not be able to access the link in the email address ? 

Spent 2 hrs got nowhere with 4 different.vm agents !!

20 REPLIES 20

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@knsue1 There have been a number of similar posts in the last few days.  Most of these seem to be solved by deleting the address from Gmail and re adding it.

However to do this you will need to know the email password in order to generate an app password via the My Virgin Media account for the email address concerned.

You should be able to use the forgotten password link via the My Virgin Media log in page to create a new password.  The process doesn't involve a verification email being sent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

knsue1
On our wavelength

Thankyou but when we put forgotten password we get an error again 

Screenshot_20230803-183030_Chrome.jpg

knsue1
On our wavelength

What additional details are they talking about so frustrating just need to reset password and hope this then gets resolved 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The additional details will be the security questions on the account which may not have been set if the account is quite old.  However, the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread shortly.  They will ask you to confirm that the email address concerned is connected to your current VM broadband account before sending you a private message to get more details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

knsue1
On our wavelength

Hi

Its hubby's email and me being the main account holder am the one that has set up security question  he never has had to nor other email accounts created since ..I can manage either add or delete email accounts when logged into virginmedia 

knsue1
On our wavelength

It's not just hubby having this issue its others on virginmedia email via gmail 

His waiting for important emails the helpline tech ppl have been unhelpful totally youd think vm would be aware of this issue !! Clearly not a 1 off 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider trying the following from your browser:

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @knsue1,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your accessing your online account and mailbox!

I can see that @用心棒 has been able to assist with providing some additional information about how to reset your password

I'll be more than happy to investigate this further and see how I can assist. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

knsue1
On our wavelength

Hi

Have spoke to vm and they reset the password 

However try to log into email and keep getting sent to virginmedia to log into main account doesnt recognize the email