Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot receive emails on my iphone XR

I cannot receive emails on my iphone XR but I am able to send emails out which are received by other people.

I get the message - account error: virginmedia.com. Cannot get mail. The mail server imap.virginmedia.com is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in mail settings.

My email ends in blueyonder.co.uk. I really am at my wits end with this - can anyone help with this please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot receive emails on my iphone XR

Can you confirm that you have a current VM broadband account and that the Blueyonder email address concerned appears under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs when signed into your My Virgin Media account?

Also check your phone settings against this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, thank you for your help. It actually proved to be another problem but we are sorted now. But may I ask your advice on another problem? We had a phone call supposedly from Virgin with a message that we had done something illegal and needed to press '1' to speak to an executive about this or our account with Virgin would be terminated in 14 to 28 days. As we have done nothing illegal, would you say this was a scam and have you come across a similar phone call to other Virgin users? Doing 1471 to get their number back it was to a mobile phone. We have already sent a message to Virgin's website to alert them to this but so far have received no reply from them and it is a bit worrying. We have also had numerous emails purporting to be from Virgin Media and Morrisons the supermarket. They are coming from the same email which is fwoiuwu39z@haub.eupedesker.org.uk and is in poor English, saying we have been selected for free gifts. What really worried us was the Virgin Media one said Your IP Address has been selected. Any advice you can offer would be most appreciated. Kindest regards, Phil and Kath
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The phone call was definitely a scam attempt and wasn't from Virgin Media.  It is a relatively common scam doing the rounds currently.

Have a look at the Security Matters section of the Forum for the latest advice.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for this Graham, it is very kind of you. We are OAPs and like many older people, not very good with computers, emails and the technical world generally. We both thank you very much for your advice. Kindest regards, Phil and Kath
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you get an unsolicited email offering you, say, a free gift, then you should apply the following test – “if it sounds to good to be true, then, IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!”.

The “Morrisson’s” emails are coming from a server in Turkey – hence the poor English. The “org.uk” part of the “from” address is an attempt to pretend that it is from a UK source.

The “press button 1” tactic identifies those who are unsure (and therefore potentially gullible) and passes you on to someone who will threaten all sorts of terrible consequences if you do not follow his instructions and - disclose your VM email password for starters – and then move on to your bank credentials etc etc etc.

0 Kudos