Menu
Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot log into one email account on one machine !

At the end of last month sucessfuly I changed my email password on my main primary, email account, the one linked to my VM account. I received and email from VM saying the I had sucessfully changed the password.

I have a Desktop machine,two laptops, and two Android phones. Over the last few days I have been unable to log into the main email account that I changed the password, with just the one laptop, all other devics work fine.

I am using Thunderbird as an email client on the desktop and the two laptops. I have tried clearing the history, cache, cookies, saved logins etc on the problem machine but I still get the message that the log in entries are not recognised. I have tried logging in VM's webmail site, manually, and all the other variations that I can think of. I have even tried a different Browser, but with the same result.

I have been, quite, a happy customer for a considerable number of years. But this is really frustrating.

0 Kudos
Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot log into one email account on one machine !

Just update to my problem having being wrestleing with it all day.

I cannot log into my primary email address on VM's webmail on any device except one Laptop !.

0 Kudos
Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot log into one email account on one machine !

Just an update. Following a long and very helpful phone call with a very nice member of the support team in Manchester the situation was eventualy resolved by doing another password change.

On reflection I believe that problems occured with the saved passwords in my Browser, Firefox.  So before I changed the password from the one we reset it to for a fresh one of my own I deleted all the saved passwords and selected it not to offer to remember passwords, and this seems to have done the trick. Of course you need to enter the new passwords into Thunderbird, my email client for each machine.

Hay ho, another lesson learnt. Stay safe.

0 Kudos