Menu
goob
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cannot log into blueyonder email, log in details "invalid"

I have an email address of which the domain is hosted by virgin media. (@blueyonder.co.uk)

I have been unable to log into the email account for 3 days now, and every time I try to log in I am told my log in details are wrong (they are not, I'm using a password manager) and when I try to reset my password I'm told the answer to the security questions are wrong (they are not).

This is incredibly frustrating as now I cannot access any services that this email address is linked to.

Please help

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot log into blueyonder email, log in details "invalid"

@goob wrote:

I have an email address of which the domain is hosted by virgin media. (@blueyonder.co.uk)

So, are you Virgin Media broadband customer?

If you are a VM broadband customer, the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum should be able to look at this and get it sorted for you. They will pick up on this thread in a day or so and contact you via the forum.

However, if you are not a VM broadband customer then it is bad news I'm afraid. VM email accounts (including Blueyonder) are for the use of VM broadband customers only.

VM do allow you 90 days  from the date the broadband contract is closed but after that VM are meant to delete all the email addresses associated with the closed account.

In practice, VM often seem to allow these old email addresses to linger on but eventually they do get round to deleting them and it seems that for yours that time has finally come.

Sorry to say, if you are no longer a VM customer they will not be able to help you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goob
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been using this email address for over 20 years. I have never personally been a virgin customers, and there have never been any products under this email address. 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@goob wrote:

I've been using this email address for over 20 years. I have never personally been a virgin customers, and there have never been any products under this email address. 

Well, it's the end of the road for that email address I'm afraid. You will need to set up a new one, perhaps a Gmail or an Outlook.com account.

One of the forum team should catch up with this thread in a day or so but if you are not a customer of VM there is not really anything they can do for you

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello goob

Sorry to hear of the problems faced with your Blueyonder email address. we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As Coenoby has advised, if you aren't or have never been a Virgin Media customer we wouldn't be able to assist with this I'm afraid.

Rob

0 Kudos
goob
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But the domain is being hosted on Virgin media webserver? What do you mean you can't help? 

Close the thread, this is ridiculous

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies as I appreciate this will not be the outcome you were hoping for. However to comply with GDPR we can't help gain access to an email address without completing the necessary security checks to do so. If you've never been a customer that's not going to be possible unfortunately.

Tom