Menu
Yoryk35
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cannot log into Virgin email and I need to (I am disabled)

Hello,

I've been unable to log into my main virgin email account, or any aliases, for the last few days, I can log into My Virgin Media accounts for both my main and aliases, but when I try to log into email I get an error

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.".

The problem I face is that I am disabled. I find using a phone very difficult, and can't leave the house, so rely on the internet for a lot of things. My Virgin email is not my main account but I do use it for a few specific things and can't do so now, and it's causing me a lot of inconvenience and stress.

This is on my PC's Firefox Nightly, Firefox, MS Edge, Thunderbird via POP3 and IMAP, my iPhone mail, and my iPad mail. The only thing I changed recently was build a new computer which meant I re-installed windows 10. Strangely I then had to re-set my passwords on ALL my Virgin accounts, since I could not access anything. I might have thought it was a problem related to my PC I can't access any emails on any other devices too. I've had this problem a few weeks ago but it seemed to resolve itself after a day.

I rang Virgin's help number this morning but the tech was unable to help much, and I am not sure he really understood the problem. He suggested I re-set my main account's password, which I did (again) and this would allow me to access my email in a few hours. It has not worked.

If anyone has any advice how to proceed I would be grateful. I can ring the helpline again, but as I explained, my disability makes this difficult for me.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot log into Virgin email and I need to (I am disabled)

Hi Yorky35, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your email service. 

We would be happy to assist in getting this matter resolved but I will need to grab a few more details via private message. 

I'll pop this over to you now and this will be available to you via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat