cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot compose or forward emails (30 june) following Virgins attempt to fix previous issue

sacko123
On our wavelength

It appears that Virgin attempted to restore my historic emails last night following the crash about 10 days ago.

I cannot now create new emails or forward emails.

7 REPLIES 7

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sacko123 .

Our teams were working through the night to complete planned and essential work to our email service. This was carried out overnight to minimise disruption for our email users, but unfortunately we have since encountered some technical difficulties this morning which means email users may be experiencing intermittent issues with their email service. We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and our teams are working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

Sabrina

Manestream
On our wavelength

everything for me was workign fine, then you did this, since then its not worked. 

Posted my issue but seems although Receiving e-mails gives error (unable to access pop3 servers) therefore cannot receive anything (does say sending completed and does say sent when testing) both through outlook and webmail through VM but actuality is nothing is sent (not received any testing mails from either outlook or web mail service at all. so its busted.

Sorry but there is nothing intermittent about it.  Forward, Reply, Delete buttons greyed out and clicking on compose gives me this

DemonUK_0-1688993697603.png

Time to tell the truth instead of repeating the same message which would appear to translate as "We haven't got a clue, and frankly we don't care"

I won't end my message with "Thankyou", as you don't deserve any thanks.

I am now having the same trouble on the laptop. Emails are coming in but the Compose, Reply, Forward and Delete buttons are greyed out. 

Have cleared cache and switched to a different browser but nothing has worked. 

Can you advise please?

Hey Tony32, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

Please can you let me know if this is happening on all devices , phones, PC, tablets etc?

Can you not compose and send any emails at all? 

Also your emails are they missing from June 19th or onwards? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply. The issue seems to only be on the laptop.

I use my phone 99% of the time for email so have only just noticed the issue. Looking at my Sent items I appear to have successfully sent something on the 20th June. There’s nothing since but that’s likely to be because I use my phone. 

The Compose, Reply, Reply To All, Forward and Delete buttons are all greyed out so I can’t compose a message or reply to one on the laptop. 

Tony

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tony32 

Thanks for your response

I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some more details so I can investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs