cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change password on virgin.net account

djr3
Joining in

Hi,

It appears that my @virgin.net email address has been hacked, however I am not a current virgin customer - this account is grandfathered in from the ntlworld era.

I am still able to log in and pick up emails but I am not able to change the password as I am not a current customer.

To further complicate matters, the scammers are in my account and if you try to contact me via the email address then there is the danger that you will be communicating with them rather than me...

Is it even possible to close this account completely? At least that would be better than the scammers carrying on whatever identity theft they are currently doing.

Thanks,

David.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@djr3 The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you get the account closed down when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @djr3, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see your email address has been hacked, I can certainly assist with getting this resolved. To do this, I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules