cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change an email password

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Hello,

A while back I forgot to update an email password after having it reset by VM. The account still works but I prefer to have longer, more complex passwords, hence why I want to change it. However, with all my email account the system is setup to use biometrics reader on my main PC. When I try and login I do not see the option for fingerprint biometrics, rather I see a message about inserting a physical 2AF key and I don't have any 2FA keys. I then select password but it doesn't recognise the password that's working on various devices okay.

Can someone look into M*****.******T@Virginmedia.com and remove this annoying 2FA, or let me know how to remove this? 

14 REPLIES 14

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Forgot to add the screen shot

Security Key.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When I had a similar issue recently I resolved it by logging into the My Virgin Media account on a different device clicking on Accounts Settings then Device Authentication then clicking on Remove device against the device that was having the issue.

I was then able to re set device authentication next time I used the problem device.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Morrile2
On our wavelength
Will try that and get back either way it turns out, thanks.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Morrile2.

Can you please provide an update to this, to confirm whether the advice from @Graham_A has helped resolve this matter.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Have to wait until Sunday morning as I have a busy Saturday.

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Morning,

I tried with my iPad and it asked for fingerprint biometrics rather than a 2FA key, yet chose password and typed the password which failed claiming it was wrong. The account in question is M***-****T@virginmedia.com as previously I typed a full-stop when it should be a hyphen. As I could not login I cannot disable the 2FA.

Can the password be changed so I can get into the account and fix this annoying issue?

Kind regards,

Lee

Hi @Morrile2 

Sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing for you. Do you try the steps kindly advised by @Graham_A at all?

What happens we you go through the forgotten password steps? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Yes I had dried the steps @Graham_A offered but that will only work if I can log in, which I could not. Performing a password reset displays an error, and I have tried later and managed to change the password. However, rather than change my @virginmedia.com it's changed the password for @Blueyonder.co.uk  account and cannot get into both accounts now.

Morrile2
On our wavelength
I can get into my @Blueyonder.co.uk account and know where it goes wrong, and will update "how and why" later