cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access virgin.net email

Frank3007
Just joined

As of 48 hours ago my virgin.net email account stopped working (sending / receiving emails) via outlook on laptop and mobile devices - constantly being asked via pop ups for my password to the SMTP virginmedia.com server on my laptop and to sign in to my virgin.net account by outlook on my phone. The same issue also happens when trying to access my email directly from the Virgin Media website - email icon top right. This also worked no problem until yesterday but now it appears my email login username and password are no longer recognised - the same issue on all devices.

I have followed links in some of the previous responses to this issue i.e. alternative ways to login/change password and all appear to direct me to the same place as the email button on the Virgin Media home page (top right) but none of these work - login and password not recognised. It clearly is assuming I have a MyVirginMedia account which I do not have (nor can I get one without Virgin TV or Broadband) and as a result there now appears now way I am able to access my account or my emails or even change my password simply becasue I do not have a MyVirginMedia login because I DO NOT have  (or have ever had) Virgin TV or Broadband Services. I do though have a Virgin Mobile account which is linked to my virgin.net email.

Any thoughts or advice or has my email gone forever - 2 hours plus on the phone and on line chat to VM 'customer service' helpline speaking to 5 different people helped in no way at all. No surprise there !!

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Frank3007 

As per your last paragraph, yes your free ride with a virgin.net email address is over.

Continued use of VM email addresses requires them to be part of a VM broadband account.  Unfortunately VM have been very poor at clearing up old orphaned email accounts, however they do get there eventually as you have found.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks