Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access my account or email

I have been trying for over a week to access my virgin media. I recently rejoined and although my original e mail still works I cannot access it on my laptop. Started webchat last week and although they have changed my username and password back to the original one, I cannot verify my username. I have tried every day and get the same error message that they are unable to confirm it. Web chat is taking hours to respond and when they do reply, I go round in circles with no resolution. All I want is access to my account and e mail on my laptop. I still receive e mails on my phone from my account so it is still active. Any ideas what to do next?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot access my account or email

I've moved this post from the security board because this isn't a security issue.  Briefly it is no surprise that your old e-mail account isn't working.  When you left VM it should have been deactivated and closed after 90 days. On re-joining you'd get a new account. It might be possible to move the old account to the new one, as it still seems to be functioning. But that will require VM staff here to discuss this with you. Wait here for them to respond to this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access my account or email

Hi Hezcal11, 

Really sorry you've been having these issues and for the delay in getting in touch, we have been busier than usual lately. 

I've had a look and it appears as though you've since spoken to the team. 

Have we managed to get it sorted for you now? 

Please let us know.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos