Menu
Boxcutter
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access emails - server unreachable

Hello all, I am trying to access my emails on the VM site. The system thinks about it for a while, then a red error tab flashes at the bottom of the screen with a Server Unreachable message and a prompt appears saying Retry. I have had problems accessing emails directly for several months and have found a workaround each time but right now I need the access here. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot access emails - server unreachable

Assuming you are still a VM broadband customer, the first self-help idea is to clear your browser history of VM cache and cookies, then restart the browser.  Or try incognito mode or a different browser first to verify it is a cookie problem.

If that doesn't work, please come back and we can try other ideas or get the Forum Team involved.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Boxcutter
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

MissPasko, Thank you for your prompt response. Christmas duties kept me from pursuing the problem. For the sake of completeness I will say that I use Firefox (71.0 current) and it is set to clear down everything, (cookies, cache, history etc.) each time it closes. I decided to provide you with a blow-by-blow account of the problem, signed on and (pause for trumpet fanfare) it works. First time in months. Thank you for your readiness to help me. I have read some of your other work and you obviously know what you are doing. All my best wishes to you for the future. D

IainCameron
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MissPasko,

I'm having the same issue as the OP... all was fine until about 3 weeks ago, then I started to get this message:

This site can’t be reached

mail2.virginmedia.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I followed your advice, and deleted all cache and cookies (from All Time) (new laptop, so not the end of the world), but it has made no difference.
Any further ideas?
Best regards,
Iain
0 Kudos
IainCameron
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BTW, I also get the 'Server Unreachable' message at the bottom of the screen.

0 Kudos