Menu
JonathanAndrews
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access email

Hi there,

I am unable to access my ntlworld email account and have been for the past 24 hours. When I go to log on, before I am able to put my email account and password, I am taken to a page which reads:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I understand many others have had the same issue (see https://twitter.com/Beverly_Jonesy/status/1273666371314954245) and that this has been sorted for them (I understand by "updating the mailbox on our systems" - see VM tweet in link), but many have been unable to access for several days.

I require access to my email to answer urgent messages (relating to work and other positions of responsibility) - please could someone get in touch.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access email

Thanks for posting Jonathan and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you're unable to access your emails.  Can I ask if this is via the website/webmail or via an email client?  E.G. Outlook.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
JonathanAndrews
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lee. I can confirm this is via the website itself. I have tried to use Outlook but this has been unable to sync up with the account.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Jonathan can I ask you to try clearing your browsing history and cache, then try signing in again?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
JonathanAndrews
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee

I'm afraid that has not helped. I should note that I have tried to login on multiple computers / phones etc. and each time I receive the same message.

I have now been without access for two days so a fix would be much appreciated especially given I will have received important emails in this time.

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
JonathanAndrews
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

To follow on from this, I've noticed quite a few forum posts with the same issue (exact same wording). See for example https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Mailbox-not-available/td-p/4241460 and https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Your-mailbox-is-not-available-at-the-moment/m-p/4299619.

It seems the issue is the account may be locked so needs to be unlocked? If you can private message me I can give you the email address and other details needed.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning JonathanAndrews,

Thanks for coming back to us

Let's see what we can do to resolve this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
JonathanAndrews
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thank you for this. To confirm, I was able to gain access to my email soon after we communicated by pm and this has now been resolved.

I also wanted to ask if it was possible to change from my secondary account (which is liked to my father's primary account) to my own, new, primary account, while keeping the same email address? If so, it would be great if you could let me know how I might do this.

Many thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan,

I'm glad you've now been able to access the email address. Thank you for letting us know.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you not able to use the email as it is now? Do you mean you want the email tied to your own name? If you'd want to do this, then you would need to have Virgin Media services in your own name.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
JonathanAndrews
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa,

I wanted to thank Virgin and yourself very much for your assistance with this earlier in the year.

I am afraid the same issue has happened again and I am unable to get into my account - it just says "Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour". However it has said this for a long time now and whatever I do, I am unable to change this. I need access to my emails for work and am working today and the rest of the week so would appreciate if you could get in touch.

If you or someone else could send a private message I can send them the information they require and my phone number so they can call.

Given the urgency of this it would be great if you or someone else could get back as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos