Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access email no matter what i try

Hello,

Recently my internet has been acting up and shutting off and just all together being bad so to try and fix this we would like to try getting a new box the only issue is when we ring up virgin media they ask for the password linked to the account not this account the family one but we dont know it so we've tried going through the change password option and answering correctly what we would've said but no dice at all then we tried entering in the latest bill we received once again no dice for some reason it just says enter a valid bill details is there anyway to get into this account ? I can provide the email to the account if necessary 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access email no matter what i try

Hi JacobMaddox,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues. The password you'd give over the phone, wouldn't be able to be reset online. This would need to be done over the phone. 

Are you having issues signing into the My Virgin Media account?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for typing back 🙂
eitherway is there a way to get into the internet account? since it would be nice to be able to anyway so ill change my question to how can i get into my internet account and on another note how would i go about changing the password for the phone over the phone?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@JacobMaddox wrote:
Thanks for typing back 🙂
eitherway is there a way to get into the internet account? since it would be nice to be able to anyway so ill change my question to how can i get into my internet account and on another note how would i go about changing the password for the phone over the phone?

You have not answered @John_GS  question re signing into My Virgin Media .  If you have forgotten your username or password for access to My Virgin Media then follow the guidance here: virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

However, re reading your original post suggests that you may have already tried this route - if the system is not recognising your current VM broadband account then it may indicate an issue with your account status - have you moved perhaps and not had the old account properly transferred to the new address?  Whatever, I think this will need looking at by the Forum Team.  They will probably respond tomorrow given the current time. @ModTeam 

To reset the telephone customer verification pass phrase you will need to call in and speak to a customer service person.  Provided you can pass the relevant security questions to show you are the account holder they should be able to do this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Thanks for the insight ill call them up tomorrow and ask if they can change my password 🙂 Over customer support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@JacobMaddox wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for the insight ill call them up tomorrow and ask if they can change my password 🙂 Over customer support

I suggest you wait for a response from the Forum Team before you try calling the support line.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning JacobMaddox

From reading your post it appears that you'd like to change the the password for your online account and password which you use when you call to speak to us. Is that correct? If not apologies for any confusion.

If it's those passwords you'd like to change please let us know as we can make those changes on here if you wish. 

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
that is indeed correct is there a way to get into a private channel so im able to send the email and last known password to the account to attempt to show that i do indeed own the account ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@JacobMaddox wrote:
Hello,
that is indeed correct is there a way to get into a private channel so im able to send the email and last known password to the account to attempt to show that i do indeed own the account ?

Don't send your online password to anyone on here, not even the Forum Team unless there's a very good reason, and there is hardly ever a good reason to share your passwords.  

The Forum Team have visibility of other account details but AFAIK they are not able to see your account passwords, only reset them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JacobMaddox

Would you like me to take a look at this for you 

What I will do is drop you a private message 

Just check the purple envelope top right of your screen