cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access NTLWORLD email account

iqbalq
Joining in

Hi all

Newbie poster here. I've searched the forum but unfortunately haven't been able to find the answer. 

I used to be able to access my ntlworld email by logging in through the mail2.virginmedia.com website but now this is no longer possible (for the past week or so). I am redirected to another page that doesn't recognise my ntlworld email so I can no longer access my emails. 

Anyone know of any solutions to this?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@iqbalq wrote:

Hi all

Newbie poster here. I've searched the forum but unfortunately haven't been able to find the answer. 

I used to be able to access my ntlworld email by logging in through the mail2.virginmedia.com website but now this is no longer possible (for the past week or so). I am redirected to another page that doesn't recognise my ntlworld email so I can no longer access my emails. 

TIA

That website page should still work, yes it does a redirect to oauth.virginmedia.com but that’s normal. Now are you a current VM broadband customer? The error message you say you are getting, is worryingly suggestive of the email address and mailbox being disabled or even closed and deleted.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

@iqbalq wrote:

Hi all

TIA

That website page should still work, yes it does a redirect to oauth.virginmedia.com but that’s normal. Now are you a current VM broadband customer? The error message you say you are getting, is worryingly suggestive of the email address and mailbox being disabled or even closed and deleted.

thank you

yikes! I am indeed no longer a VM customer. Does this mean I am at risk of account termination without warning or notice?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@iqbalq wrote:

thank you

yikes! I am indeed no longer a VM customer. Does this mean I am at risk of account termination without warning or notice?

Yes, that is the case.  When you cease to be a VM broadband customer any associated email accounts are supposed to be closed down 90 days afterwards.  You should have been notified of this at the time you left.  That said many ex customers have found that their email accounts continue to work, sometimes for years, before eventually being closed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi iqbalq, 

Thank for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with with us in the Community although I am sorry that you've no longer got access to your email account. 

As mentioned above by our VIPs - without an active broadband account, you wouldn't be able to have an email address. Whilst they are meant to close 90 days after, some have slipped through the net and recently we've been trying to clear these up. 

There is a very small chance the address may not be terminated as of yet and there is something we can try to see if we can temporarily get things active again to allow you the chance to save anything you need too but it's not guaranteed to work. I will need to confirm some information with you in order to help so I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, my wife recently dropped her phone in water, now it no longer works, so I bought a new phone for her, trouble is, she can't login to gmail account as she can't remember her password. Fortunately she had setup 2 backup options,

1) her old number - hadn't bothered to update it - doh!

2)her old ntlworld email account.

Problem is, even though we are still Virgin media customers and my ntlworld email address works fine, hers can't be logged into as it doesn't accept the email address as valid - it is, please help!