Menu
MichaelW5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access Blueyonder account

My access to my blueyonder email address suddenly stopped on Wed. 31st March. Called 150 and the person i spoke to said the password had been changed by VM due to spam from the account. (maybe related to the massive hack of Facebook?) and submitted a ticket saying it could take up to 72hours to get a response.

I had no response by Sunday 4th so called again the person I spoke to said the delay may be due to the Easter holidays but said he would try to elevate it or escalate it whatever the term it is they use to try to placate people and said maybe call back in a couple of days.

Tuesday 6th called back and the person i spoke to eventually found the ticket and decided there was a problem with it and would have to resubmit but would escalate/elevate it but it would take a couple of days.

Friday 9th called again same hassle trying to find ticket tried a few things that were absolutely useless (including trying to create an account which showed as already registered with 5 usernames linked to the account including blueyonder account) so 1 hour in got transferred to level 2... 30 minute wait got through then 30 seconds later person cleared.

Called again another long wait then go through all the same things then transferred to level 2 again to someone who was absolutely no help who pretty much said forget it you won't get it back. When I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to he said he would submit a ticket to the department that deals with e-mails (WHAT!!) and would add a note that I had already been waiting 10 days for a resolution and escalate/elevate it.

So 10 days and about 7 hours on the phone I am no further forward!

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MichaelW5
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blue yonder emails

How exactly do you get the VM Forum team to sort it for you? 10 days in and a load of phone time and I have gotten nowhere.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The VM Forum Team respond when the thread reaches the top of their queue.  This is generally a day or so after the initial post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MichaelW5,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your email address.

I've been able to locate your account using your Forum details. I've enabled your mailbox now, could you please try to log in?

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
MichaelW5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie

Thank you so much for re-enabling my e-mail address. I am still not sure exactly why this happened but am just massively grateful that you have given me access again.

Is there any way you can add it to the list of manageable accounts as it does not appear on the list and I would like to be able to change my password?

If I try to log in to virgin media it just says that the username and password are not recognised.I can access my mail from a mail client but am unable to log in to virgin media with my blueyonder address (I think this may have been the case since we moved though).

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MichaelW5,

I'm really glad that I could help you with this. I'm just going to send you a Private Message so that I can discuss this with your further. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of this page.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos