Menu
techifan
Superfast
Message 41 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Send emails from my primary account email address.

Thank you for the update Tom.

0 Kudos
Eliminator
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Check this out guys, I have been watching your post for a week trying to work out how to fix my own emails, and today they are working again, 

Hope this Helps.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Emails-Receiving-but-not-sending-VM402-Error-how-to-fix/m...

0 Kudos
robbyell
Tuning in
Message 43 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Eliminator; I'm bumping this thread as the one I raised hasn't had any responses.  I'm arranging my Dad's funeral, hence, receiving emails of condolence and RSVPs for the funeral and:

• cannot reply to them
  • don't know if I'm receiving them all.  

Whilst I appreciate this is bad luck re timing, can anyone here help put some fire underneath this so as to avoid creating an extra layer of stress exactly when I don't need it.  Ta,

VM customer (still), [Removed], using MS Outlook on Windows 10 and Android.  I seem to be able to send using the webmail.

[Mod Edit - Removed personal information]

Superuser
Superuser
Message 44 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

First of all I'd like to express my personal condolences on the loss of your father.

I've asked the mods to edit your last post.  This is a public Forum and posting your email address on here is asking for it to be harvested by spammers.

That by the way is also why your image was rejected.  Can I please ask that you stick to your original thread to avoid confusion.  I am going to flag that up the the Moderators to see if they can get a speedier response for you.  However I would suggest that if webmail is working for you, that you use that for the time being.

Note:  I do aim to do what I can but the Forum Team will need to escalate your issue to IT in order to resolve this so we're not looking at an instant fix.

Tim

P.S.  Please also note that I am not a Virgin Media employee myself.  While the Superuser Programme is endorsed by VM and we have back channels where we can raise matters with them, most of us are ordinary users like yourself.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
techifan
Superfast
Message 45 of 45
Flag for a moderator

As the original poster, apologies for not posting an update earlier.

My original issue and the title of this thread ‘Cannot Send emails from my primary account email address’ was fixed some time ago. (Thanks Tom)

However, I use outlook and 3 of my secondary accounts only work when using the smtp.ntlworld.com server and the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” box has to be unticked.

So now the only remaining issue for me is that 3 of my secondary accounts do not work when using the smtp.virginmedia.com servers.

This is still work in progress and Tom has been working tirelessly in trying to resolve these issues for me.

He has been updating me via PM hence the references to this specific issue in recent posts.

Paul.

0 Kudos