Menu
Calchar
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Reply to Emails - Blocked as Spam

I am having a problem with emails from one company that arrive marked as Spam, which they are not, and my replies are blocked as Spam. The following code is provided in the System Administrator email:  "552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) I73rkhXqJ0JptI73rk6cc3"

These emails are most definitely not Spam so is there a way to mark them as "not Spam" please. I have used the similar function on the web version which allows them to come into my Inbox but does not let me reply. Any help will be gratefully received. Thanks.

P.S. I thought I had posted this question yesterday but now cannot find it; slightly confused.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot Reply to Emails - Blocked as Spam

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Calchar
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the incredibly rapid reply and for alerting the VM team.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Calchar,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with receiving emails which you have never had an issue with.

So I can help further and get this email account permanently deleted will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's one way of dealing with spam emails, but permanently deleting an email account seems a bit extreme.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Calchar
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thank you for your message and offer of assistance. Before doing anything else please can you clarify what getting "this email account deleted" actually means? Does that entail deleting it from a list marking it as SPAM? And which account is deleted? Mine?!

I see a note from sololobo suggesting that deleting an account appears extreme. But I have never experienced this type of issue before so am learning as I go. I look forward to hearing from you further.

Thanks again

Andrew

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Calchar I think that @Paul_DN  has either misunderstood your issue or thought he was replying to a different post.  These mix ups do occasionally happen.

Deleting the account is not the answer to your issue.  Identifying the elements in the message triggering the spam  trap is.  Either Paul or another VM Forum Team member will return to this thread and assist further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Calchar

Thank you for coming back, I am sorry for any confusion caused, thanks Graham from pointing this out, 

I would like to help get to the bottom of your email issue, 

So I can help further I have sent you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

I will be able to get some more information and send further details to our internet security team to look into if needed.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Calchar
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am happy to report that my problem has been resolved by Paul_DN from the Forum Team and emails from that sender are now avoiding the SPAM treatment. All done very efficiently and quickly too (probably would have been even quicker if I had replied to each PM sooner!)

Really pleased to have this sorted out, many thanks to the Forum Team and colleagues behind the scenes.👍

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Calcher,

You are very welcome, if you do have any further issues you know where we are.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos