cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get Mail

Velocibob
Tuning in

When I try to access my email on my iPad I get a pop up with the message "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to the server failed". I've tried: Rebooting the iPad. 2. Switching off the router, rebooting it, resetting the network on my iPad and reconnecting to the network. Neither has worked, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me rectify it.

P.S. I have no problem accessing my emails on my iMac.

7 REPLIES 7

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast
Hi Velocibob

Have you tried this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320#manual and
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-update-email-settings?

See if it works.
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Velocibob wrote:

When I try to access my email on my iPad I get a pop up with the message "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to the server failed". I've tried: Rebooting the iPad. 2. Switching off the router, rebooting it, resetting the network on my iPad and reconnecting to the network. Neither has worked, so I'm hoping someone out there can help me rectify it.

P.S. I have no problem accessing my emails on my iMac.

From the error message that you describe this is most likely caused by a corrupt cookie in the browser that you are using on your iPad.

Try deleting all cookies relating to Virgin media mail. Alternatively use a different browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Velocibob,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your email account.

AlexanderMTTH and Graham_A have offered some great advice, have you been able to try this?

Let us know if you still need help.

Alex_Rm

Hi there Alexander, I haven't been able to put your suggestion into practice. My problem appears to have self rectified. I was without mail for three days and then I was overwhelmed with it. I'd love to know why this happens? You spend hours trying to find a solution and then pow, the problem goes away, but for how long is any bodies guess. Maybe it was a problem at the server end, but I'll probably never know. I hope the problem doesn't reoccur, but if it does. I'll try out your suggestion. Thanks!

Hi there Graham, I haven't been able to put your suggestion into practice. My problem appears to have self rectified. I was without mail for three days and then I was overwhelmed with it. I'd love to know why this happens? You spend hours trying to find a solution and then pow, the problem goes away, but for how long is any bodies guess. Maybe it was a problem at the server end, but I'll probably never know. I hope the problem doesn't reoccur, but if it does. I'll try out your suggestions. Safari is the default browser and because my iPad is old and I can't update the IOS. I am unable to change the browser to an alternative. I am intending to get a new iPad soon, so hopefully, that will resolve this problem and that of many websites no longer recognising the non-updated Safari browser. Thanks for trying to help me. If nothing else you've increased my knowledge, and I'll put it to use if the problem occurs again.

My problem seems to have rectified itself. It's all magic to me. My iPad is old. I can't update the IOS, and that is resulting in problems that I feel are best resolved by the purchase of a new iPad. I'll take Alex and Grahams advice with me, in case I have a similar experience in the future.

Thanks for the update Velocibob,

Glad to hear this issue has for some strange reasons rectified itself and you are now able to access your emails again.

It is a shame we did not get to the bottom of why this happened, but we are juts happy that you are not experiencing any further issues.

If you need any further assistance in the future please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.