Menu
FlashPan
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Delete Folder via Webmail

Hello,

I sync my email via imap to outlook 2019 and my android phone.  Had this odd issue a few days back that my outlook would not sync/download email anymore.  I deleted the .ost file and everything came down again but I seem to have 2 sub folders in the Inbox that will not sync.  In webmail they are showing but with an italic font.  I have been unable to remove these at all.

I've deleted my .ost file and deleted my account on my phone but I cannot remove these 2 folders.  I've emptied these folders contents in webmail and everytime I try to delete via webmail (outlook and andoid phoen has not been created again) and everytime I get this error:

"Could not delete folder. This can be due to insufficient permissions in your trash folder or this might be a special folder that cannot be deleted."

In outlook the option to delete was greyed out.  Android, no option at all.

If I try to move to the Trash or Rename I get:Capture.JPG

Can anyone advise on what I need to do here please?  Or can someone from VM ping me to get these 2 folders removed from the backend?

Thanks

0 Kudos
FlashPan
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Delete Folder via Webmail

Not sure how but kinda fixed it.

I deleted the profiel in outlook, sync'd, then was able to delete the folderin outlook which eventually removed from wrebmial but the folder were still showing in the list of folders that you can un or subscribe to in outlook.

So I recreated the folders again in outlook and they attached as subscribed (to the same ones aleady mentioned above) in the imap folder list.

I still have 2 folders in that impa list that are not created in outlook or webmail so am nut sure how to remove.

0 Kudos