Menu
darbo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Access NTL World email account

Trying to log into my NTL email account on my Desk Top PC, without success. No problems logging in on my iPad.

On the PC I note the log in page has changed. I have to click on the pictures to verify I am not a robot, which is rather annoying. After some time up pops the message "Connection Time Out. Mailbox is not available"    There was no problem at all yesterday so, what has happened???

I can log into the Virgin Web page on my PC, not a problem. Tried to access my email via there, still the same.

Ran the tests, they show nothing wrong.

Any advice would be apprecaited.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot Access NTL World email account

That sounds like an issue with the mailbox itself rather than anything to do with the change to the sign in pages.

The Forum Team should be able to assist you, but they won't get to this thread before tomorrow afternoon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
darbo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Graham, thank you.

I have just now gone via a different Firefox Browser and managed to access the account. I have two browsers, one is Firefox (Bing) the other is what I though was going to be an update on Firefox. It seems instead it was another browser, still Firefox. This second Browser is the one I used to gain access.

Perhaps they are conflicting although I had no problem yesterday using the original browser, Firefox (Bing).

I entered filter rules on the email yesterday, (fed up with spam, bitcoins etc) wonder if they have anything to do with the problem with the original browser.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It may simply be down to a corrupt cookie or browser cache entry.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks