cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you edit the Virgin Media Mail App Password

roy247
Superstar

Just got back from holiday and was going through my emails accessed through My Virgin Media when they locked up with the message to reset My Virgin Media password or the Mail App password, didn't want to reset MVM password so tried the Mail App password which after leaving it for about 5 minutes worked.

Problem is it's in the format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx I would like to edit it to something easier to remember, if you go to the Mailbox App password management and select the Manage option it looks like it will only generate another 20 digit + hyphen's. Am I missing something or is it not possible to have a password that you can remember anymore.

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you are not missing anything.  The mail app generated passwords for use with email clients can only be auto generated in the format you describe.  You cannot customise them.  However, you shouldn't really need to remember it as once entered into your email client it will remain there provided you use the save password option in the email client.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks