Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't validate email

Asked to validate my new email but the problem is I can't remember the password or the answer to the security question

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't validate email

Hi Adamdk,

Did this not come through to the new email address given? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The problem is because I can't  remember the password. I press the link to reset password but this comes up

You've recently changed your username to adking@virginmedia.com

Before you can sign in with it, you need to confirm this new username. To do this, please:

1. Check your inbox and look for the email we sent you on 04/09/2020
  2. Open the message and click on the link to choose your new password
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adamdk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues trying to validate your new email address due to forgetting your password.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple

envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Adamdk wrote:

The problem is because I can't  remember the password. I press the link to reset password but this comes up

You've recently changed your username to 

Before you can sign in with it, you need to confirm this new username. To do this, please:

1. Check your inbox and look for the email we sent you on 04/09/2020
  2. Open the message and click on the link to choose your new password

Based on your posts in this thread you have not actually created a new email address but you have tried to change the username for an existing address to a new one that does not exist.  In order to use the change username facility the new username has to be a third party email address that you already have access to.

If you can to create a new virginmedia email address you do so via your My Virgin Media account > My Profile > Manage Accounts.

In that section you should also see the option to cancel the usename change that you have attempted.  If you cannot remember the password for the existing email address to access the My Virgin Media account then use the Forgotten password link with the existing address.

Checking the email address you posted above in Mailtester.com shows that it does not exist.

@Paul_DN  will probably explain all this to you in his private message but others reading this thread may find the above useful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos