cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign into Virgin Media email

Gingerhack
Tuning in

Hi all

Can anyone help? I've had trouble accessing my Virgin Media email (ntlworld.com) since yesterday afternoon. I've called the helpline (had automated help), followed instructions on the automated text I was sent and have re-set the password as instructed. It worked briefly for about 10 mins yesterday evening then locked me out again and I'm still locked out. 

When I try and access it now, the message is different, top left of the screen is says: Forbidden and top right of the screen.

I use this email account for everything (including work) so I'm desperate to get it up and running. 

Weird thing is, I can access the same email box via my smart phone. My job involves a lot of writing and I don't want to have to type in lengthy replies etc on my phone.

Can anyone help me to get my laptop email up and running again, please?

PS Everything else on my laptop (ie Google, gmail, Yahoo, etc is all working perfectly so I'm sure it's not my laptop)

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

albob
Superfast

It is interesting that you say you can access your email on Iphone but not on laptop.

I am not sure that this will help, but how about clearing all cookies on your web browser ? (worth a try...)

=====edit====

Spotted this posted by Graham_A 

"I understand that the Forbidden' message is being looked in to with Fault reference F009409169" 

so it appears that VM are working on a solution..

SC-UK
On our wavelength

I have experienced this issue numerous  times in recent weeks.

I phoned the 0345 number and there's a message when answered that mentions FORBIDDEN and suggests solutions mentioned elsewhere in this forum including AV scan, reset password, clear cookies, clear cache and so forth.   I attempted all of these solutions and tried them on multiple devices, browsers and O/Ss and none were successful.

I dialled the the 0345 again and got through to a 'techie' and she suggested that they had to reset the PWD for me, rather than me attempt to  DIY.  They did this and advised me to I wait 30mins before attempting to log-in again.    I waited 30mins and have now successfully signed-in.

If this is your issue I suggest:

1: try DIY and wait at least 30 mins and if that still fails

2: call 0345 etc and get them to reset for you and wait at least 30 mins before attempting again.

That said, there is clearly an issue at the VM-end and it's very inconvenient.