cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send to Virginmedia and Blueyonder email addresses

sports
Joining in

Hi,

We have great difficulty sending email to Virginmedia and Blueyonder customers, and get the following bounce message:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients"

Along with an error code of "#4.4.7".

Who can I reach out to at Virginmedia to resolve this issue please?
We're not on any email blacklists according to mxtoolbox.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sports wrote:

an error code of "#4.4.7".

The error code 4.4.7 can be due to a range of issues. Basically it just means that the message failed to be delivered. Often that's due to the sender's mail server being unable to connect to the receiving mail server to deliver the message.The error message often includes added information such as "delivery time expired" or "queue expired".

The whole VM network was having major issues yesterday so that may have been the problem if you were seeing it yesterday.

Things seem to have settled down today and I have just tested sending from my Gmail account to a couple of my ntlworld.com and Virginmedia.com addresses. They seem to be a little slower than normal getting through but both test emails did arrive in a reasonable time.

If you are still getting that error it might help the VM guys if you could post the error message in full but with any email address information redacted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, this has been an ongoing issue for months now, so I think it's likely a filtering issue on VM's side hence trying to get in touch with them to sort it once and for all. 

Last bounce I have is from the 3rd April, so unrelated to yesterdays issues.

Thanks,
Chris

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sports wrote:

I think it's likely a filtering issue on VM's side hence trying to get in touch with them to sort it once and for all.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in the next day or so. As I intimated though, I think they are going to need a bit more information than you've posted but that can be handled via the forum's Private Message (PM) facility.

Hope you get it sorted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great, thanks. Yes, happy to provide example bounces to them via PM.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sports,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that some of your emails aren't reaching Virgin Media email addresses.

Are the emails that are being sent, sent to a large number of customers, or are they being sent individually? If these emails are being sent to a large number of people, it's possible that our servers are identifying the emails as spam and blocking them. In that case, I would try sending the email to the individual recipient to see if they are still undeliverable.

We also have a similar thread here which may help 😊

Keep us posted!

Beth