Menu
average-punter
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't send important emails due spam content - help please!

HI There,

I'm having trouble replying to some important emails that are sent out to a group of people. I cannot send them as an error message appears saying "spam content" i'll post below. These emails always end up in my SPAM folder aswell which is quite frustrating

Message could not be sent to the following recipients:** EMAILS REMOVED BY ME** (554 - 554 5.2.0 SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=j1Q5jpMVLjKpAj1Q5jo4l9;sid=j1Q5jpMVLjKpA;mta=smtp3.tb;d=20200610;t=160933[CET];ipsrc=172.25.160.139;

I've found several other users with this problem, firstly I've removed emails, signatures and links to webpages from the original emails to no avail, secondly one by one i've removed the emails to see if one particular recepient was causing the issue which it seems not to be... I've also turned off all spam filters.

Any other insights or help would be much appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send important emails due spam content - help please!

If the issue is still occurring can you post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team as they are best placed to take it forward.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam 

Can someone please look into what is happening with the spam filters.  They seem to have gone into overdrive in the last week or so.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Dean_C
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ravenstar68 

I'll make sure this is fed back to the relevant teams so we can find out whats going on. 

Regards, 

Dean

0 Kudos
average-punter
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone, still having the issue so posting back here.

Any help much appreciated as I really need to send emails back, currently using a relay person via social media!!

Cheers

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ravenstar68 has flagged the issue to the forum team, Dean_C has picked it up and  is taking it forward; hopefully the information in the spam content error posted earlier will result in a quick turnaround in determining the cause.

0 Kudos