cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send emails

Forcewielder
Joining in

Does anybody know why I can receive but NOT send Blueyonder emails from my iPhone or iPad when I’m connected to a different router than my own or when I’m using the mast cell signal?

I can only send when I’m connected to my virgin media router at home. All other times I get a username or password incorrect message - which itself is not correct. 

23 REPLIES 23

Thanks, Beth, but I’m afraid it hasn’t worked. I’ve followed the instructions but still can’t send emails if I kick my phone off the Virgin router and use the cell. Same message about user name or password incorrect. 

Further…..I’m out with a friend using blueyonder and the same model iPhone and he can send emails from the cell. His settings are as follows:

Host Name imap4.blueyonder.co.uk

Outgoing Mail Server smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

Use SSL off

Server Port 587

I’ve tried these settings but it doesn’t work on my iPhone. The problem has to be at Virgin with the way Apple devices are being set up by the company, doesn’t it?

Hi @Forcewielder,

I am so sorry to hear about this, and apologies for our delayed response. Is this issue ongoing for you today?

If it is, can you confirm if you're having any issues accessing and using the email service via our webmail platform as opposed to a mail client/app such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Apple Mail? I appreciate that I've asked you this in an earlier post, but I just want to ensure that this is still working as it should due to it being a few weeks since then and the fact you've tried a few more things since then too.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

I’ve just kicked my iphone off WiFi at home and tried sending a blueyonder message via the cell but still no luck - the same username/password incorrect message. I have been able to send a gmail message from the phone via the cell so it’s not a phone or O2 problem.

I’ve just checked and still no problems in sending emails from the webmail platform.

I was able to send a blueyonder mail from the phone when logged on to one of my family’s routers over the weekend, which is a step forward. I didn’t have my iPad with me so was unable to test that device. I’m going to test both from that router again this coming weekend. 

Cheers

Hi Forcewielder,

Were you able to check this on your iPad?

Have you tried changing your password via webmail and updating your settings on the iPad etc?

Alex_Rm

Hi

Settings are as advised earlier in the thread, and the password has been changed via webmail.

I am now able to send blueyonder emails from my niece’s router on both iPhone and iPad. I’m still not able to send emails via the cell from any location. I’ve mentioned earlier that a friend’s identical model iphone is able to send blueyonder emails via the cell. The difference is his settings are different - as explained earlier in the thread - and his cell provider is Virgin Mobile whereas mine is O2. 

Allan

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Forcewielder

I could possibly have missed this but could you let me know the model of I-phone you have? 

Please could you reset all of your settings by doing the following :

1. Tap Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset All Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
  6. Tap the option to Reset All Settings to confirm action.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It’s an iPhone 11. I’m not willing to reset all settings without support in re-establishing all the settings correctly on the phone, I’m afraid. I’ve made that mistake before when Apple support asked me to do a reset without explaining how I should re-establish the new settings correctly. It took some time sorting the problems out. 

I’ve just realised I’m getting now a different failure message when trying to send it message via the cell. Rather than username/password incorrect, it says the outgoing server smpt.verginmedia.com failed. Outgoing mail servers for mail accounts can be configured in settings…

Hi Forcewielder,

Thank you, for coming back to us and for the update, sounds like you need to set up the email again, you can find all the email settings needed here?

Regards

Paul.