Menu
Rcpc
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't send emails via VPN

Hello, I have just installed Bitdefender VPN and Virgin no longer accept my outgoing emails.  I keep getting error message 800CCC92 and am asked to submit my password.  How do I fix this?

Richard

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send emails via VPN

Hello

Does it work without connecting to the VPN ?

If it does work without connecting to the VPN then more than likely the VPN's external IP address has been reported as sending Spam if you have do tthis when connected it will give you a definite answer. Goto https://www.spamhaus.org/query and type in your external IP you can gets this my typing "whats my ip" into google.

If the result come back saying listed on SBL or XBL then that is where the problem lies, even if you request the removal of the blacklist from spamhaus the chances it will be relisted, as quite a few people will have the same external IP adddress if using the same VPN.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rcpc
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this.

Yes Outlook works for outgoing when I am not on VPN.

I checked the IP address on the Spamhaus site and got the following result "listed in the XBL, because it appears in CBL Lookup

Richard

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Okay that basically means that something that has been using that IP address has been reported for sending spam, as it works fine on your non VPN connection then at least we know that it isn't any of your devices that have been sending spam from some malicious spambot.

There is nothing else that VM can do to resolve this, I would contact the VPN provider to report that there IP address is blacklist as having sent spam.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Rcpc
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but it's not so straightforward.  I am able to send emails via Google, so Virgin appear to be applying different filters.

Regards

Richard

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Google doesn't use spamhaus.

Virgin media do to protect its systems

Regards Mike

0 Kudos