cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send email from blueyonder.co.uk address

Whywot4
Joining in

Just logged into my bluyonder.co.uk email after not using it for a few days and found I am unable to send email although I am receiving them. I use eM Client on my Win 11 PC and the standard email app on my android tablet, same issue on both. eM Client gives the error as shown on attached image. Can anyone help, I have not changed any settings?Screenshot 2023-09-07 163644.jpg

Thanks

Graham

16 REPLIES 16

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The listing should clear after a time once your email client settings have been updated to send via the secure email settings which require you to use the email address and password to authenticate the sending address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Whywot4
Joining in

I earlier posted in the email forum about not being able to send email from eM Client on my PC although I do appear to be able to do so through webmail which I don't normally use. A bit of research later it appears my IP address is blacklisted on Spamhaus ZEN. I also found a notification on my tablet saying too many bad emails had been sent and to go to  https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport and follow the instructions which I did. Is there anything more I can do? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

[MOD EDIT: Post merged. Please do not create multiple posts regarding same issue. Thanks]

Hi @Whywot4 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Apologies for the email issue, though I can see you've been given some amazing help on this thread already. Have you followed the advice and updated the email client settings? 

This link here should help as well.

For getting a new password for the client, please follow the below advice;

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details.
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail.
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password. 
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked.
  • Leave it around 15 minute before trying to access your emails.

Thanks 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Whywot4 wrote:

" my IP address is blacklisted on Spamhaus ZEN."

That is to be expected and will not be what is stopping your VM emails from being sent.

The Spamhaus Zen blocklist is an amalgamation of a number of Spamhaus blocklists.

One of which is the Spamhaus PBL a database of end-user IP address ranges that should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email to any Internet mail server. 
That is designed to stop people from running email servers from their domestic broadband network a
nd as such the IP address of every VM domestic broadband customer should be on that list.

You are using the eM mail app to manage your emails and so the IP address your emails are coming from is that of VM's email server not your own IP address.

The  blocklist that really matters for you is the Spamhaus XBL which is a real-time database of IP addresses of hijacked networks infected by malware. That is one that VM used to check against and I expect they still do.

Check you IP address using this checker https://check.spamhaus.org  Put you IP address into the "Search single ip.........." box.  Does it just come as being listed on the PBL? If it does, scroll down the page and you'll see:

pbl warning 2.png

That's what I see  when I check my VM IP address.

Post back if your IP address is on any other Spamhaus blocklists lists when you run that checker.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, not sure what it was in the end but it started working again of it's own accord yesterday. I'm not tech savy enough to delv too deeply so as it's working I will leave well alone for now. 

Thanks John, my email started working again yesterday so not sure what the problem was. I will however update my email settings as recommended 

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Whywot4,

Glad to hear your email has started working again, do let us know here if you have any further issues.

Joe