Menu
hannahhhughes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't reset password for blueyonder email - please enter valid bill details

Having a nightmare (3 hours so far!) trying to simply access our account.

After a 50 min hold and then a useless phone call with customer services rep who didn't help at all we managed to ask a friend for our 2 digit area code instead to locate the email address registered (an old blueyonder account it turns out), but to reset the password it now wants details of our latest bill. We don't have this as it's on the account we cannot access.

Used our latest VAT receipt but I think they are a month behind (November is the latest we have) and it just says "please enter valid bill details"

Any suggestions? Going absolutely mad here, all this just to be able to report regular problems with the service in the first place!

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't reset password for blueyonder email - please enter valid bill details

Thanks for the post Hannahhhughes and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if the email is attached to an active Virgin Media account? 

If so you should have received emails with the bill amount you need to know. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
hannahhhughes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The email address is a blueyonder one which we don't have access to (it was set up when we joined but it's never been used, we'd rather use a different email but can't change that without accessing the account). 

We need to reset our account password so we can log bad service when needed instead of spending an hour on hold to speak on the phone etc, but can't without a bill, but as we can't access the account or email we don't have the bill, just a VAT receipt which comes through a month later than the bill so can't use these as by the time it arrives it isn't the "latest" bill.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We're just wanting to confirm if the blueyonder email is attached to an active Virgin Media account at the moment? 

If so, when resetting the My Virgin Media password it should reset the email as well. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
hannahhhughes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Yes I believe the blueyonder email address is linked to our active Virgin Media account (it comes up as the email when we put in our account number and 2 digit area code which I had to ask someone local for), but we can't reset the password because we don't have a bill in order to do this (as they are on the online account we can't access).

We tried to call up but the woman who eventually answered after 50 mins didn't understand us and in the end we just gave up trying as we were getting nowhere 😞

Thanks,

Hannah

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @hannahhhughes,

I can take a further look into this for you but we would need to confirm your details and pass account security, we would need to do this over a private message, that I will send over in a moment.

Please look out for my private message and we can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos