Menu
Kaz60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive reset emails form samsung

Hi I need to sign into my Samsung account but it's not recognising my password so I requested a reset email and I now done it about 20 times and not received any emails, so I emailed them and they can back with " Kindly know that we have recently updated our servers which resulted in some changes of the IP address. There have been some cases where the e-mail provider has not yet whitelisted the IP address of the server that is sending the password reset e-mail, which will end in the "Junk/Spam" folder. If the issue persists and you cannot find the password reset e-mail, please make sure to also contact the e-mail provider regarding this issue. There are no emails in my spam folder

How do I contact someone who can help

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't receive reset emails form samsung

Have you checked your VM spam settings to ensure spam is sent to the spam folder rather than being discarded?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kaz60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham I yes my spam settings are fine I receive emails in it just nothing from samsung

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You could try asking Samsung for the Non Delivery message they get or their log entry showing the non delivery.  That may give some clues as to why the emails are not getting through.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kaz60
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll give it a go

0 Kudos
Kaz60
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi Graham I have got a reply from Samsung  and all they keep saying is i must ask my email provide to whitelist they email address SA.noreply@samsung-mail.com. 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Kaz60 wrote:

SA.noreply@samsung-mail.com. 

Sounds like Samsung are adopting the tried and tested customer service trick of dealing with issues that will take time and effort to resolve. Simply fob the customer off by telling them it's another company's problem so go away and take it up with them.😯

Being more positive,three ideas come to mind regarding your problem:

1) Finding that one of your online accounts has had the password changed so you cannot access it and then finding that emails from that company are not appearing in your email account is a classic sign that both accounts have been hacked. I'm not sure what scammers could gain from gaining control of your Samsung Account but who knows?

I know you have checked your blacklist but I would also check the Filter Rules in your Webmail account to see if a new filter has been set up that you know nothing about. If you find one you need to follow the advice here to take control of your account. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked   I would also suggest contacting Samsung to advise them that someone has taken control of your Samsung account.

2) I was recently involved in a thread on this forum where the original poster was not receiving emails with "noreply" in the address like the Samsung address you were given. There were no filters in their account and we ran out of ideas as to what could be causing that. It was very strange situation. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/noreply-email-addresses/m-p/4266283#M192814 You will see that one of the Forum VIPs suggested a filter (see message 9 in the link) to try to trap any "noreply" emails in a separate folder.

3) As a final thought, the back stop may be to set up a new non Virgin Media email account, perhaps with Gmail or Outlook.com,  to use with your online accounts. Both of those services are more secure and more reliable than VM's very basic option so that may be the way to go.😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Kaz60
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've been on the phone with VM and they have checked everything on my email and as far as they are concerned the problem is not on they side. I just don't know what to do now. I'm going to tackle samsung again in the hope they will do something positive this time!! I'm not very good with techy stuff so have to rely on what I'm being told.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Kaz, thanks for the message, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and that we were unable to resolve this for you. Can you let us know how it goes with Samsung and hopefully you are able to get this resolved. ^Chris 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Kaz60 wrote:

I've been on the phone with VM and they have checked everything on my email and as far as they are concerned the problem is not on they side.

Have you actually checked the filter rules on your account for yourself? Then you will know for sure. it's easy enough.

• Click the system menu icon 

(the 3 horizontal bars on the right side of the menu bar) and click Settings.

• Expand the E-mail options.
  • Select Filter Rules.

I just don't know what to do now.

If there are no filter rules set then the most expedient step is to use a new non VM address as your email for Samsung.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos