Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can't open Virgin Media email Inbox on Google Chrome. I'm 84, not very tech-minded PLEASE HELP!

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again."

Can't see any highlighted errors to correct!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't open Virgin Media email Inbox on Google Chrome. I'm 84, not very tech-minded PLEASE HELP!

What is the website address where you are seeing the "Correct the highlighted errors and try again." message?

Does the same issue occur if your sign into webmail from here, https://mail2.virginmedia.com/?

Make sure to redact any personal information before posting.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't open Virgin Media email Inbox on Google Chrome. I'm 84, not very tech-minded PLEASE HELP!

Hi VIP, and thanks.

(The website address where I'm seeing the "Correct the highlighted errors and try again" message is this one, the site we are on now. But ignore, as the message has gone.)

I still cannot use Google Chrome  - as I have always done previously - to access Virgin Media Inbox. the V.M. operator didn't know why, said I couldn't use it, and made me change my favourite password.

I want to get my old password back but don't know how. 

I want to go on using Google Chrome to access my V.M. Inbox but don't know how.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did you have any luck sign in from https://mail2.virginmedia.com/?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Dear VIP
Sorry, didn't answer your question: yes, no problem. DbM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your post DavidbenMeier.

Could we please confirm if you've been able to access your email through the link provided and if this was through Google Chrome browser or another internet browser? 

To change your password, if this is the main email on your Virgin Media account you can go through the 'Forgotten My Password' option on the My Virgin Media log in page which will also change your primary email password, or if this a secondary email address on your account you can log into your My Virgin Media account and go to the Manage My Mailbox area to reset any secondary email address passwords. 

Hope this helps, Emily.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I know no one has suggested this yet but if it is just Google Chrome, try in "Incognito", if that works - then clear your cache 🙂

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Dear Emily

CAN access V.M.Inbox using Chrome and the link provided.

Can also access it via Chrome by going INCOGNITO. and clicking on 'V.M'. in my saved Bookmarks.

What I want to do now is  1) change my password (using your instruction - thank you!); and 2) put a Google Chrome Icognito icon on my destop. Is this possible? If so, I don't know how. Pls tell me. I'd be so grateful. DbM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it worked using Incognito Chrome! Thank you.
Don't know how to clear cache though. DbM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's not your cache you want to clear.  It's cookies specifically cookies for mail2.virginmedia.com

If you search clear cookies on chrome.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos