cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to NTLworld email - need help

Penpen
Joining in

Hi there,

my dad, who is 80 and was a customer of Virgin Media for about 10-15 years, only recently left them as they were charging far too much for him to afford. He was allowed to keep his ntlworld email according to the Virgin customer services person he spoke to, but it seems he can no longer sign in to it.
He was hacked about 2 weeks ago and so he can't access any of his emails, including the gmail recovery ones!
Any advice how to get him back on track much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Penpen,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that your Dad has been experiencing an issue with his email account recently. Regretfully, I'm afraid that email accounts that are not attached to an active account with us are deleted after a 90 day grace period of the account closing. It can sometimes take a little longer for the account to be deleted, however there's no way for us to prevent this from happening.

However, we have been experiencing some issues generally with our email service, so it's possible that he has been unable to sign in due to this.

I've sent you over a private message so I can do my best to help - although, I will need to speak with the named account holder of which the email address was attached to in order to assist.

Thank you,

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Penpen,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that your Dad has been experiencing an issue with his email account recently. Regretfully, I'm afraid that email accounts that are not attached to an active account with us are deleted after a 90 day grace period of the account closing. It can sometimes take a little longer for the account to be deleted, however there's no way for us to prevent this from happening.

However, we have been experiencing some issues generally with our email service, so it's possible that he has been unable to sign in due to this.

I've sent you over a private message so I can do my best to help - although, I will need to speak with the named account holder of which the email address was attached to in order to assist.

Thank you,

Beth

Penpen
Joining in

thanks Beth, that's very helpful.