I have been unable to get onto my Virgin emails all day is there an issue

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t get my Virgin emails is there an issue

Can you provide a bit more detail as to exactly what error messages you are seeing?  Are you having the issue with an email client or VM webmail or both?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MA3
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This is what i get when i sign in

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The most likely cause is that VM have locked the account for security reasons.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

They will ask you to change the password for the account before they can do anything, so it would be good to do this know.  It may actually resolve the immediate issue in any case.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi MA3,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums, welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you're having a few problems accessing your email account at the moment. As Graham_A has advised, it's likely that the account has been locked and so we just need to take a look at the account and get it unlocked for you.

I've sent you over a PM, so please check out the purple envelope for my message and we'll go from there.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
MA3
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much I'm now back in my account
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi MA3,

Glad to hear you're now able to access your emails again.

Be sure to let us know if you need any further help or anything else.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
MA3
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Once again i cannot access my virgin mail account, get this message

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I havent got a virgin media account just email, I havent been able to access my account all this week

0 Kudos
Anhelyna
Superfast
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

you stated above <<I havent got a virgin media account just email, I havent been able to access my account all this week>>

Does this mean you don't get your Broadband etc from Virgin ?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@MA3 wrote:

Once again i cannot access my virgin mail account, get this message

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I havent got a virgin media account just email, I havent been able to access my account all this week

• Virgin are shutting down all orphan email accounts, so if you don't have virgin broadband it cannot be recovered 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos