Menu
Davexm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can’t get blueyonder e-mail on IPhone

Hi guys, new poster here. I’ve had a problem with my blueyonder email account on my iPhone for about 3 weeks. Been in touch with virgin support but frankly getting nowhere. A couple of guys from the ‘cable service team’ have tried to help but then they pass me to the ‘technical team’ who never get back to me. happened about 5 times and extremely frustrating. Anyway problem seems to be with incoming mail only, message I get is ‘cannot get mail, the username or password for blueyonder.co.uk is incorrect’. I then click on settings and the only password available to change is in the ‘incoming mail server’ section. The settings are - host name - imap.virginmedia.com username - my blueyonder email address and password - which I think I changed on the phone with a virgin colleague last Friday. Any help much appreciated 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t get blueyonder e-mail on IPhone

Hey @Davexm,

is it just your iphone that is having this problem?

Have you removed all of the settings from your handset and re-added them in fresh? This can sometimes help with your issue and refresh the connection to the servers.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Davexm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Yes it’s only on my iPhone although I’m not able to access blueyonder mail from anywhere else, when I log into virginmedia.com and click on e-mail it defaults to a virginmedia mailbox that is active but I don’t really use. Mail was working fine until about 21/12 when started getting the message ‘cannot get mail, username or password is incorrect’ . One of the support guys thought that my blueyonder email ID was not linked to my account and also possible issues with the blueyonder domain which he said he would raise a ticket for. This was on 29/12 and he said it might take 3-5 days to resolve. 

I’ve deleted my e-mail address and added it back in, is that what you mean ?

thanks for getting in touch

Dave

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Davexm

Yes i did mean to delete and re-add your email address to your phone, 

I have looked into your account from your community profile, I have refreshed your connection to the mail server by un-enabling and re-enabling your mailbox.

Please could you try to login to use and let me know what happens.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos