cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't end any emails on my ntlworld.com account

chriswebber
Joining in

I cannot send emails on my ntlworld.com account. I use Apple.

Asks me to put in my email password in an alert box but wouldn't accept it. So...we changed my password  on Virgin Media client account page. That managed to allow emails to be received after two days of no emails. But I still can't send emails. Same message comes up every time.

10 REPLIES 10

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @chriswebber

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your emails. Since changing the password have you been able to completely remove the email account off your phone and re add it back on? This usually works for me when I have similar issues.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

So I have to remove the account and then add it again on my Apple notebook?

Problem is...it's neither accepting my former password or the changed one. I don't want to be locked out of my email entirely by deleting it. Will just compound the problem, surely!?

Good morning chriswebber 

Can you confirm, the email we're discussing, is this linked to an active account?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Very much so, John!

I've been using this email address daily for many many years! It is an old ntlworld.com address and I know Virgin.com addresses are current.  Is the the problem?

Please can we get my ntlworld back up and running asap?  Had probs with receiving but that seems to be okay now just can't send.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm going to send you a PM so we can confirm some details and we'll take it from there.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for coming back to me via PM @chriswebber

Unfortunately, as you are not the account holder, I am unable to assist in getting this sorted at this stage. 

The account holder will need to get in touch themselves and we will be more than happy to take it from there.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

...So does he call in then because, tbh, I could have said I WAS the account holder?

If he does, is there a direct dial number he can call to save all the lengthy process of finding a human being to speak to? I tried a few days ago and kept getting ANOTHER recorded message telling me to go online! No human being out there!

On the website it says you can message but gives NO email address to! Not that I can SEND an email!

Ranting here, I acknowledge but really Virgin Media Customer Service appalling. Exception, of course, being your input which I do appreciate

Please advise

Hi @chriswebber thanks for getting back to us.

If the account holder calls 0345 454 1111 or 151 from our landline or mobile service, will need to speak to our technical team.  As a follow up question, do you have full access when signing in via the webmail option?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll tell my husband to do that.

Yes, if I log into the Virgin Media account and into my email address, which I can because I have the access, I can both receive and, importantly, SEND emails. I can't via Mail on my MacBook. Just an inconvenience having to log into my webmail every time.