Menu
Stuart01
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can’t email when on virgin broadband

Hi, when connected to virgin broadband, one of my email addresses won’t send or receive (it worked until recently). When I turn off broadband and go on a mobile network, it’s fine. 
I have 2 email addresses, one works on broadband.

I get an error message saying to contact my server administrator or ISP. (which I’ve tried but can’t get to speak to anyone other than a computer voice!)

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t email when on virgin broadband

Hi Stuart01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your email account,

Can you confirm if you're using webmail or an email client?

Are you using a VPN at all?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Stuart01
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex_RM,

i’m using outlook on my PC, and Apple mail on my phone, neither work when on my home Wi-Fi. But, both work when not on home Wi-Fi..

I can log into webmail when on Wi-Fi and that does work.

I’m not using VPN.

Stuart01

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for popping back @Stuart01

Glad that all is working with the webmail - this means it could potentially be a settings issues with the email clients you're using. 

If you could remove your email from the apps/client and then re-add it all using the instructions and settings in the below link that would be great. 

Email Client Settings Help

Once you're all set up and running again, let us know how you get on. If it's still  the same, we'll need to go through some other checks with you

Keep us posted

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stuart01
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie,

I have followed your suggestion by removing my email account completely from the email client and re-setting up from scratch.

however, no difference- still can’t receive or send email from the particular email address.

please note it’s not a ‘virgin’ email account, it’s from another provider, however the details are similar e.g.IMAP, use SSL, server port 465 etc, and I’ve followed instructions from their website.

However when I come off my virgin broadband and go onto a different broadband, or 4G mobile network, emails suddenly appear without a problem! It seems to be that Virgin alone doesn’t like my email address. Maybe my IP has been blacklisted?

ive checked that my email account hasn’t been hacked and sending hundreds of spam etc, and it hasn’t.

Thanks

stuart01

0 Kudos