Menu
mindy_jay
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't delete my blueyonder email address

I don't need my blueyonder email address any more as I've changed my name. I can send and receive email with my blueyonder email address on Thunderbird so the account is active and the username and password I have are current, but I can't use them to sign into it via Virginmedia and therefore can't close it. I've been getting some suspicious activity on it so I'd really like to be rid of it.

It's a secondary account, the primary account is held by my ex-husband who is tech-savvy but says he has the same problem - he can access his blueyonder account via mail client but can't log in on Virginmedia either.

I don't have any other Virginmedia account.

Can anyone help? Forum team?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't delete my blueyonder email address

@mindy_jay 

Welcome to the community.

Your situation is by no means unique, but the circumstances complicate the resolution process.

As your ex is the Primary account holder the secondary address is under his control as far as deletion is concerned.

Do you know if your ex still has the Virgin media broadband account to which the email addresses are attached?

You state he can't access the account online so that may suggest he doesn't.

The VM Forum Team will only be able to help with the permission of the primary account holder.

Are you able to ask your ex to set up an account on the community so that the team can contact him?  Appreciate this may not be possible, but it does sound as if you are still in contact.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mindy_jay
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't delete my blueyonder email address

Thanks for your help Graham, and especially for your appreciation of the complexities. I'm just finding out if he has the broadband account still and will see if he can post here to get the VM Forum team to help.