Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't access virgin.net email

I've had a virgin.net email address for over 20 years and have since become a Virgin Media customer. 5 days ago, I got this message when I logged in to my email:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in an hour...

I've kept retrying, read the FAQS, changed browser, changed my password but it makes no difference. I web chatted with an agent and was promised a call back in 24-48 hours. After not receivng a call 72 hours later, I phoned 150 and was told unhelpfully that I'd just have to wait. More Web chat and I was promised another call back this morning. Nothing.

I'm worried my account has been deleted. This is my work email address so it's vital it's re-enabled urgently. I also have a blueyonder.co.uk account which is still active but may end up going the same way. Can anyone advise? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access virgin.net email

if the email address is still active you'll need to do a move and transfer.
It should of been deleted 90 days after you left.

Also VM email/services shouldn't be used for work reasons.

as its so old VM may not be able to verify that you owned it so might not be able to transfer it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for a quick and helpful reply.

I never actually left and want to keep my virgin.net address. I became a VM customer years later. Transferring to a VM email hasn't been suggested or necessary before. I work in a self-employed,  associate capacity so losing my .net email is a major worry as is not having access for the last 6 days.

If soneone at VM customer services would just speak to me, I may be able to resolve this. I'll keep in mind your advice should that call back ever happen. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI CPL, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums, We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email address and would ask that you check that it is still valid here. If the address is still valid we will be able to look in to this further. - Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Chris, for getting in touch. It would be so appreciated if you could look into this for me. Yes, my email address is still valid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CPL.

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Let me look into this further for you via PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"