cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access virgin media account

NyallsDuck
Joining in

Hi,

I spoke to support people about this around a year ago multiple times - but eventually left it as multiple support people told me they had resolved the issue when they in fact haven't.

The issue I'm having is that I'm unable to access my virgin media account. I had an old account using my email address, which was deactivated when I moved house. I then signed up again using the same email address, it said I couldn't do that as the associated account had been deactivated. I then used the '+' trick to sign up using the same email address again.

This worked to create the account, however; I'm unable to access my new account, and any forgotten password attempts fail. Having spent a fair bit of time on calls the last time I tried to deal with this, I'm reluctant to do so again - but I'm unable to find any other means of getting in touch.

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think your trick may have broken the VM systems, which are not exactly robust at the best of times. Is the account number on your monthly bills different from the old one? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah I think so too. The number is different yeah - I also spoke with them in support last year, and asked them to switch to the old email and re-activate, which they assured me they did. Yet whenever I try to log in with the old email they tell me an account with that email address doesn't exist.

So when I try to register with that email address to link to the account number, it tells me an email is already associated with that account. It's turned into a big mess - I know what needs to be done to fix it but support seem to be unable or unwilling to understand what I'm trying to explain.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The VM staff should pick this up soon and take some details. They may be able to to take this further than the phone staff could. 

But you will definitely need a new non-VM email address, as that is how they work now. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi NyallsDuck

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your online account.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide