Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can't access secondary account

I have tried repeatedly to access my secondary account and the email address associated with it. Logging into my main My Virgin Media account I can see it and change the password etc but can not access it. Tried the text chat but one reply every 24 hours is infuriating when they pass you from department to department. Can't find a live chat option and being on hold for an hour+ at a time for tech help.... frustrated!

Anyone have any ideas?....TYIA...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access secondary account

Sorry for the delay in response Alli76.

Have you been able to access it since your post?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, 

No, I still can't access the account

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You need to explain what you mean by "can't access the account". What happens when you log in to the secondary account via mail2.virginmedia.com using the secondary email address and password? What message do you see? Then we might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, when I go to sign in I get a message saying that the username/password is incorrect. I have signed in on my primary account and can see the account and change the password on it but cannot access it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Please would you answer the question I asked and not the one you think I asked. Is that the message you get when you sign in to web mail?  With respect I am not a mind reader. I asked about the results in web mail.  When you say you have signed in on your primary account I presume (but do not know) that you are talking about My Virginmedia where you can see the secondary address and change its password. You cannot, of course, access the account from there. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

With respect, that is the message I get when trying to log into web mail...We didn't recognise the username or password you entered, please try again. I know I cannot access the account from my primary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good, now we are making progress. I think VM need to take a a look at the mailbox in question and that is exactly what I am going to ask them to do - and faster than they would normally react. So watch this space please.  It is possible that the mailbox has been suspended for non-use or because VM spotted that it was being abuse to send spam. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thank you for your help. The email address in question has been used recently to set up a social media account. This is the only account it has been used for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @alli76 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with accessing your secondary email account. 

I have checked the email address provisioning from hear and everything seems to be in order, are you able to let us know how you are trying to access the email address? 

Is this via the virgin media webmail or via a 3rd party app/site? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos