Menu
Lazenbee
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can't access my email

Hi

I'm a VM customer and can't access my email. It's telling me to tryagain in an hour - but I need to access it now. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
mrbeach
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't access my email

I have had the same problem since Tuesday 9th June. I spent most of Thursday on an online chat with VM. My issue has apparently now been escalated to the IT Tech team and I have a ticket reference number.

Apparently my issue will be resolved within 48 hours (2 working days), so it should be rectified by Tuesday 16th. I'm not holding out much hope to be honest and don't really know what to try next if it still doesn't work.

I have tried multiple things and a VM person from the forum reset my mailbox but it still does not work. I can't access webmail or mail on my phone. To say its frustrating is an understatement!

0 Kudos
mrbeach
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lazenbee,

VM have just called me and my issue has been resolved. For some reason my email account had been locked. It seems that this needs to be unlocked by the IT tech team.

I now have full access to my emails again through webmail and on my phone.

Suggest you either do an online chat with Virgin or give them a call. It seems to be that this is the only way you will get access to your mailbox back.

Lazenbee
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! Will give them a ring.
0 Kudos
markyzs180
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've had this issue for over a week..I have just spoken to them (after they failed to call me as arranged!) only to be told that I must wait until its fixed???!!!

Not holding out much hope either and am currently attempting to change my email address on all sites/accounts that I use it with....

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello markyzs180

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced.

When did you last speak to the team in regards to this? You mentioned you have to wait until this is fixed? Has this been passed to our support team to investigate?

Rob

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Robert_P wrote:

Hello markyzs180

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced.

When did you last speak to the team in regards to this? You mentioned you have to wait until this is fixed? Has this been passed to our support team to investigate?

Rob

@Robert_P    markyzs180  has their own thread on the issue here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/No-access-to-Blueyonder-email-over-7-days-now/m-p/4289708...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davegojoshua50
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same here,phoned yesterday was told it will be fixed in 2 hours still waiting 24 hours later HOPELESS

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davegojoshua50,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues trying to access your emails.

We appreciate the frustration caused.

When you called our team yesterday what did they advised they would do to get your emails back up and running. Did they give you any indication what was causing the issue?

Are you getting any error messages when trying to access your emails? Have you tried to re-set the password and run an anti virus scan on the devices you are trying to access the emails from?

Please let us know of the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Davegojoshua50
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes,They reset password with a new password they gave me and told me i could change it again in 2 hours yesterday.Did that

and the same thing happened.Cleared my both my google chrome and firefox browser plus my phone still no change,also

done anti virsus check.Going gave them another call.

Thanks for getting back,

0 Kudos